Tuesday 4 March 2014

Warhammer Fantasy Goblins

A while back someone at my gaming club posted this and a tale of one gamer was born. The idea is to slowly build and paint (yes they all have to be painted) a fantasy army. A few of us took up this challenge and I took the chance to dust off my old goblins and started making a few 750 points lists. Now one thing I will say is that you get a lot of goblins for 750 points!

My army is very story driven with named characters that have history and hopefully in the future I’ll get it written down and posted here.

My Goblin Warboss on a gigantic spider. Warboss Poison Fang is leader of the Red Creeperz, a small but growing band of spider riders. I got this model years ago and was the only model in this army that was previously glued together.



I have 2 units of 5 spider riders with bows that will hassle the enemy flanks and vanguard to be in the way of whatever I need slowing down. No one said being in the Red Creeperz was easy! These are from the old Warhammer starter box.

I then went on to Night Goblins, I love these guys, pretty useless in most cases, but they have a few trick up there black sleeves.

Izzitz Rattlestick is my level 2 Shaman, he is the leader of the Grinning Moon tribe. I also have another level 1 shaman who is yet to be named, but I’m sure he will do fine… Izzitz is the shaman from the old Warhammer starter set and the other is a converted musician, I simply cut the gong off and added a crescent moon to the top. In the first few 750 point games these guys should give me an edge in the magic phase, I can’t see anyone else having 2 magic users…


I went for a block of 40 Night Goblins with a full command group, these guys are a delivery platform for a few surprises and to hold up enemy troops while the spiders and the Warboss get the flanks (a bit of wishful thinking there, but it’s good to be positive). These are all one piece models from the old Warhammer starter set, I was not really a fan of one piece minis, but now the more I can get the better, it really cuts the prep time down.


The surprises, as I’m sure it’s no surprise to anyone is that my Night Goblins have fanatics, these guys are great, but just as lethal to you as the enemy! You have been warned. I dont have close ups of them but they are in the last picture.

Next I went for 20 Night Goblin archer, these guys are there to frustrate the hell out of me by being unable to hit a barn door at 10 paces, but with 20 of them a few have to hit right? These are also one piece minis from the old Warhammer starter set.


Lastly we have Smash and Dashy (named by my son), this Mangler Squig is another random ball of destruction, that again is just as dangerous to you. This is the only ‘fine cast’ model I have ever built and to be honest hopefully my last, it’s not very good. The clean up took forever the mould lines were across details… but in the end it’s a very nice model and the goblins are characterful and add a real fun element.



 So there you have my first ever fully painted 750 point fantasy force. I’ll let you now how they get on as and when we start to play.


Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment